Easy Grilled Chicken

Recently, I cooked grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. This may not seem like much too some, but cooking meat had always been a challenge for me. But, here's my secret! I've been watching a lot of cooking shows and have learned to make it simple and less so daunting. So, I'm sharing with you how easy it was to make this meal. 


 First, I bought boneless skinless chicken. Sprinkled seasonings (Morton's Seasoning), onion powder, and garlic salt on one side of the chicken. I add a touch of salt and pepper.


After I have put some butter or margarine in the cast iron skillet and melted it, I laid down some chicken pieces with the seasoning side down. Then sprinkled more of the seasonings, onion powder, and garlic salt. 


I cooked them for about 7 minutes on each side with a medium to high heat. 


Then they are ready! How simple is that?


Now, I had never tackled my own gravy before with out a "supervisor". I was going to wing it this time! All I did was after I removed the chicken from the pan, I added one cup of water and half a cup of flour to the pan. Turned up the heat a bit and whisked until I go a cream gravy. Added salt and pepper taste. The mashed potatoes were all natural from a box. It turned out really tasteful! 


Carol Anne

Comments

Popular Posts