Unsurpassable Chocolate Chip Cookies

A good friend of mine gave me this recipe a couple of years ago. It's so delightfully sinful, I wanted to share this with you!

Unsurpassable Chocolate Chip Cookies
(This recipe makes 6 dozen – you can freeze half if you like)
1 cup butter (I use ½ cup real butter and ½ cup margarine)
1 cup shortening (I use butter flavored)
3 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. salt
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (I usually make ½ dough without- so I only put 1 cup walnuts)
Cream butter, shortening and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients together and add a little at a time into butter mixture until well mixed. Add chocolate chips and nuts. (I take out ½ of the dough and then add nuts) Dip out a walnut size amount and roll into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Bake on parchment paper – 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. I bake usually 10 – I like really chewy cookies.

Comments

  1. Wow really nice chocochips cookies I have eat something this in whole food when I was in Houston.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts