Old Fashion Tea Cakes

One of my favorite cookies is the simple tea cake. My dad used to make them in his pizza restaurant and I would love to eat them until I couldn't eat anymore. They were so good.

Beautiful Cookies
Old Fashion Tea Cakes

1 Cup shortening (like Crisco)
1 Cup confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar)
1 Egg, beaten
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 Cups all-purpose flour ( sifted)
Use mixer to blend
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream shortening and sugar, add egg, salt and vanilla. Sift baking soda, cream of tartar and flour, add to other mixture. Place teaspoonful on cookie sheet; press crisscross marks into cookie with a fork.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 3 dozen cookies.
I baked the cookies 12 min. and they were just perfect.


Carol Anne

Comments

  1. mmmm I love a good cookie to go with a cup of tea!! I'm a sucker for afternoon tea and cookies!

    thank you for stopping by my blog and following. I am following you back now! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts